Ozone in Aquaculture
Improves water quality.
Ozone is very effective when it comes to destroying pathogens, reducing the peak nitrate concentration, oxidising yellow substances in the water, and reducing organic contamination. Overall, ozone is an effective solution for the treatment and disinfection of the water and a significant contributing factor to the improvement of the efficiency of the RAS system.
The number of advantages that ozone provides specifically for the RAS systems is significant. However, to benefit from all of them, it is imperative to identify the optimal placement of the ozone system and the correct design parameters. Working with ozone in RAS for several years, we have identified the critical points in the process that, once ozone is applied, will drastically decrease your operational expenses and improve the efficiency of your RAS system.
- Known benefits of Ozone in Aquaculture:
- reduce peak nitrite concentrations
- oxidize yellow substance (clear water)
- Low turbidity
- increment and stabilize the redox potential
- oxidize biological substances that are difficult to decompose
- reduce organic contamination
Less known benefits of ozone
- Prevent of biofouling formation (here a link to the Biofilm in food processing step
- Improve the operational capacity of Heat Exchanger
- Lower energy cost
- Decrease the maintenance and cleaning procedures
- Reduce down time
- Reduce the mortality rate of the fish
- Improves the feed conversation ratio